Sorry, but this one was just too sweet not to post again.
I have big, big plans for the 4th:
- Put up a blog post (check)
- Water my new sod in the front yard (working on it as I write)
- Run 5 miles
- Watch a little Wimbledon (but where have all the McEnroes gone? Thank goodness for the Williams sisters)
- Go see a movie (I’m open to suggestions, but I’m leaning toward WALL-E)
- Cookout with the parents-in-law (FIL grills the best burger in Huntsville-seriously)
- Go see the Huntsville Stars play the Birmingham Barons and watch fireworks afterwards
- Catch a little of the US Olympic Track and Field Trials from Hayward Field in Eugene, Oregon (no cooler T&F venue in the universe)
- Fall blissfully asleep on the couch
- Wake up at 1:00 AM and stumble to bed
If those aren’t All American plans, I don’t know what is.
Happy 7/4 to all. Be sure to wear your safety
I recently saw with my own eyes The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, The Bill of Rights and one of several copies of The Magna Carta.
I’ll have a little more to say about that in my next Huntsville Times community column which is set for 7/13.
Let freedom ring, baby.